Join the nation and take part in any activity you like to raise money for Deaf Action!
We would normally be getting ready to cheer on our London Marathon runners right about now. But the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic means that so many events raising such important funds for Deaf Action, have been postponed. But by taking on the 2.6 Challenge, you can still make a difference for deaf people around Scotland!
What is the 2.6 challenge?
It’s a nationwide event that you can do anywhere – including your own home!
- Sign Up to the 2.6 challenge for Deaf Action on JustGiving!
- Make a donation or fundraise to support deaf people in Scotland
- Share a photo on Social using #TwoPointSixChallange and tag @deafaction
The challenge can be anything you like – as long as it’s got the number 26 or 2.6 in it…. Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Learn the 26 letters of the British Sign Language hand alphabet!
- Teach 26 people to spell their names in British Sign Language
- Donate £26.00
- Get 26 friends together for a virtual workout
- Walk, run or jog 2.6 miles
Please follow the latest government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
And to show support, our Deaf Action team are also doing a challenge! For 26 days we will be releasing a daily video with a letter from the alphabet relating to what Deaf Action are doing during the Covid-19 pandemic for the deaf comminity. Follow us on Facebook!