Deaf social care

Social care services in Edinburgh and the Lothians

What is deaf social care?

Deaf Action provides care for deaf people to support independent living.

Who can access this service?

Our social care services are available to deaf people who live in Edinburgh and the Lothians.

How can deaf social care help?

We provide social work services to deaf people in Edinburgh and the Lothians. This support is to help people live independently and access support when they need it. The social work team can help you with assessing your needs to see if you require formal support, as well as giving you advice and guidance in other areas.

We can put together a bespoke care package for deaf people who want to live independently and thrive. We can also help with:

  • Advice
  • Information
  • Discussing a problem
  • Explaining something you don’t understand
  • Concessionary travel passes
  • Completing forms
  • Benefits and money
  • Referral to other services

The allocation of a social worker is dependent upon the availability of social workers. Our social workers are all registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and the social care team adhere to a strict code of confidentiality.

How can I access deaf social care support?

Social work referrals
You can ask us for advice or refer yourself, or someone you know if they are happy for you to do so, using the details above. Alternatively, you can ask your local social work department or health care professional to contact us on your behalf.

Following your referral
One of the team will be in touch to see how we can support you. If you require a full social work assessment this will then be arranged.

Get in touch

Our social care team in Edinburgh is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, except public holidays.

Get in touch with our social care team using the contact form below.

Call: 0131 556 3128
Text: 07879 687 222

Enquiry form
Social care services Edinburgh referral form
Full Name
Are you referring yourself, or another person? *
Full name
How can we contact the person being referred? *
Where does the person being referred live? *
Our Scottish social care team works with deaf people in Edinburgh and the Lothians