SQA Level 3 BSL (SCQF 6)
Wanting to advance your career? Or perhaps you have a deaf family member or friend and you would like to have meaningful conversations in BSL?
Our BSL Level 3 course is ideal for those progressing on from Level 2. The course focus is on developing advanced vocabulary and context and the theory of BSL as a language.
- Communicate using complex BSL
- Understand complex presentations in BSL
- Make a presentation and participate in a discussion in BSL
- Advanced vocabulary and context
- Advanced fingerspelling
- Linguistic devices – visual descriptions; non-manual features, multi-channel signs
- Connectors and pronouns
- Directional verbs and plurals
- Lip patterns
- BSL structure
- Role shift and placements
- Cultural BSL phrases
- Advanced presentational skills
- Self-evaluation skills
Our courses are all taught by qualified deaf tutors, so you’ll be learning from people who use BSL as their native language. As Deaf Action is a charity, when you book your BSL course through us, the income is reinvested back into improving services for deaf people.
Course dates: 24th August to 27th June, 2024
Time: Thursday evenings, 6pm to 8pm, plus Saturday class 1st + 22nd June 2024
*Course now fully booked*
Please fill in the waiting list form below if you would like to be contacted about spaces on the Level 3 BSL Course.