We’re looking for an HR Manager with a passion for diversity and inclusion to join our team. Could that be you?
HR (People) Manager
21 hours per week
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Salary: £42,000 – £48,000 pro-rata (depending on experience)
Closing date: 22 May 2023
Interviews: w/c 29 May 2023
Who are we?
Deaf Action is a deaf-led charity, supporting and celebrating deaf people. We were established in 1835 and work with deaf people across Scotland and the South of England. Our work is geared towards empowering all deaf people to achieve their potential and fully participate in society, with equality of rights, access and opportunity.
You can find out more about us here.
You will be an experienced HR Manager with CIPD membership or equivalent substantial HR experience working in an HR generalist environment where you have been a part of the Senior Management Team and driven the people agenda. Your track record will include managing change programmes and embedding cultural change, you find building relationships with managers easy and have the ability to:
- facilitate training on policies, procedures and management skills for staff.
- apply practical solutions which are legally compliant.
- facilitate difficult conversations and manage conflict resolution.
Excellent communication skills coupled with strong influencing and planning skills are also necessary.
The ideal candidates will be fully committed to our values.
Our people are important at Deaf Action and the HR Manager role is integral to the creation and delivery of the people strategy which aligns to Deaf Action’s objectives. The HR Manager reports to the CEO and line manages our HR Advisor.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Advise managers on all Deaf Action people processes including performance management cycle, development plans and salary reviews.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies to ensure the business is attracting the best possible talent, working closely with managers to understand hiring needs and to develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Manage the working relationships with the Staff Representative Group to ensure a collaborative approach.
- Lead on streamlining and improving HR processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and conducive to staff engagement.
- Support and coach managers across all employee relations matters, ensuring full compliance with UK legislation.
- Oversee calendar of wellbeing initiatives alongside mental health first aiders.
- Work closely with our people advisor and finance team on any payroll actions or employee changes.
What’s on offer?
- Occupational pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%
- 32 days leave pro rata (inc bank holidays), pro rata for part time
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- In-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to the Cycle to Work Scheme and IT Voucher Scheme
- Ongoing support for learning and development through our PDR process
- BSL tuition up to Level 2
- Death in service benefit
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter, or BSL video explaining your experience, to email@example.com.
PVG checks will be requested. Applications welcome from all sections of the community.