Receptionist/PA to Head of Resources
We’re looking for a Receptionist/PA to Head of Resources with a passion for diversity and inclusion to join our team. Could that be you?
Receptionist/PA to Head of Resources
35 hours per week
Location: Albany Street office based
Salary: on application
Closing date: 15 September 2023
Who are we?
Deaf Action is a deaf-led charity, supporting and celebrating deaf people. We were established in 1835 and work with deaf people across Scotland and the South of England. Our work is geared towards empowering all deaf people to achieve their potential and fully participate in society, with equality of rights, access and opportunity.
You can find out more about us here.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills with a background in Administration/Reception to join our Resource team. This post will be based in reception, you will be first point of contact dealing with face-to-face clients both deaf and hard of hearing. Experience with working with deaf people and BSL skills level 3 or equivalent is desirable. Knowledge of working on a switchboard is an advantage but training will be given.
You should have…
- Certificate in Sign Language (level 3) or equivalent desirable.
- Experience or understanding of receptionist duties.
- Experience in working with deaf people.
- Great communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and show initiative.
The ideal candidates will be fully committed to our values.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Greet persons entering the building, determine the nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen, and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Manage and respond to email enquiries.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages, and courier deliveries.
- Responsible for processing and receiving invoice payments over the phone.
- Order, receive, and stock stationery supplies.
- Provide communication support to Head of Resources ensuring full daily access i.e. notetaking in meetings, office inclusion.
- Maintain the Head of Resources’ digital calendar and ensure Head of Resources is well prepared for meetings.
- Manage and prioritise Head of Resources emails.
- Prepare for all Head of Resources meetings including organising catering / refreshments, booking interpreters, booking meeting rooms, collating attendance & apologies, and pre-meeting room set up.
- Draft reports and letters as required.
- Deal promptly and appropriately with all forms of correspondence, referring to Head of Resources when necessary.
- Prepare and check accuracy of Head of Resources comms – monthly internal comms, and ad hoc.
- Provide support to Head of Resources on projects.
- Create and amend documents and presentations as required.
- Manage Head of Resources Access to Work administration; monthly sheets, new applications, checking payments, etc.
- To provide occasional cover for other administrative staff in their absence when required.
- Attendance at departmental meetings.
- To undertake such duties as required from time to time by the Head of Resources or Chief Executive.
What’s on offer?
- Occupational pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%
- 32 days leave pro rata (inc bank holidays), pro rata for part time
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- In-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to the Cycle to Work Scheme and IT Voucher Scheme
- Ongoing support for learning and development through our PDR process
- Death in service benefit
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter, or BSL video explaining your experience, to email@example.com.
PVG checks will be requested. Applications welcome from all sections of the community.